+4

Onion skin doesn't update

duanra 8 months ago in Android • updated 7 months ago 5

Hello,

When I duplicate a frame and I erase the part I want to change, the previous frame is not showing. What is showing is the one before the previous.

To see the previous I have to select the previous frame and then go back to the current one.

It is just tedious.

Thank you for looking into it.

Answer

Answer
Planned

Thanks for reporting this. I seem to be able to reproduce this. This happens when using the timeline floating menu correct? If there are other ways to reproduce please let me know. Thanks!

+1

I've noticed this too. When you add a frame, the onion skin display does not update and refresh unless the timeline is moved, which does tend to disrupt the drawing flow a bit.

Answer
Planned

Thanks for reporting this. I seem to be able to reproduce this. This happens when using the timeline floating menu correct? If there are other ways to reproduce please let me know. Thanks!

Yes. Just did some further testing and it seems this behaviour only happens when using the timeline floating menu.

On a closely related issue - it would be much better, when adding, inserting or pasting frames with the timeline floating menu, if the play head automatically jumped to the newly created frame.

Great, I'm going to attempt to fix this as soon as possible.

it happens also when you duplicate a frame by tapping right of it. then you erase something and you can see the drawing of 2 frames before, not the previous frame.