+1
Fixed

Currently unable to upload GIF's to tumblr

Shane Newville 1 year ago in Android • updated 4 months ago 6

Im using a Samsung Galaxy S5.
I tried a few times to up a simple 63 frame gif animation to Tumblr and I only get a Tumblr error message saying:
"Sorry...something isnt working. Wait a little bit, then try your post again."
In the past I've also had little success uploading to tumblr.

I'd love to be able to share my work on there too.

Answer

Answer
Fixed

I just tested building an animation and uploading to Tumblr. The upload worked well. I did select the Tumblr output preset. It might be that Tumblr fixed their app or the new output options fixed it? Let me know if you are still having issues.

Under review

Hello there! Apologies on any delay in our response. If I may ask, what is the current version of the FlipaClip app installed on your device? It sounds like that what you have is an older version that's why you're experiencing this issue. Thank you!

Version 1.5.4.1 if there is an update I haven't seen it listed under Updates on Google Play Store. I see this listed as the latest version too.

Planned

Hey Shane, sorry took a bit long to get you a response. I have just tested uploading a GIF to Tumblr from FlipaClip share options and directly from the Tumblr app. It seems like shorter lengths work better but I do see Tumblr having issues with some longer animations. I'll have to explore this a bit more to see what might be going on and how we can fix it. Thanks for reporting this!

Answer
Fixed

I just tested building an animation and uploading to Tumblr. The upload worked well. I did select the Tumblr output preset. It might be that Tumblr fixed their app or the new output options fixed it? Let me know if you are still having issues.

I thought this was fixed. Its been a while since ive attempted uploading to tumblr but after trying to share a small animation it failed. I used the tumblr (16x9) [gif] preset. It worked perfectly fine sharing to twitter and also sharing an mp4 to facebook.