+11
Planned

Add full HD canvas size support

RAVtv Studios 3 years ago • updated by Jona (Co-Founder) 2 years ago 7
Hi guys all my animation are made in 1080:720 but what about 1920:1080 full HD? And maybe 2K? That would help flipaclip to be the perfect and quick tool for professional animatiors.

Answer

Answer
Planned

So we been working on a new design for the app that will enable us to easily add more options for the canvas.

The reason we haven't added this feature yet is mainly due to limitations on mobile devices CPU/MEM. Making a canvas have more pixels means more CPU required to process each of those pixels thus making the app work slower. So as we improve the app and devices get faster we will add a larger canvas size support. Also, the app design has prevented us from adding this feature.

Planned
Thanks for your feedback! Yes, we currently have in mind adding 1920x1080 canvas size along with other popular sizes such as for Instagram and Vine to name a couple.

One interesting thing about adding support for larger canvas such as 2K is that the device will need a really large amount of available RAM and storage. Also this might slow down the live previewing. But regardless we are thinking on adding those features and only enabling them on the devices that can provide the best user experience.
Actually, the play back on the device I use is a bit choppy and some frames are skipped.
And it is a brand new Samsung note pro.

Just to let you know.
I saw your post here. I'll be looking into it since it's a brand new tablet I would expect no problems... Specially a Samsung Note Pro! :/
http://support.flipaclip.us/topic/545410-choppy-play-back/

Thanks for the app. To add to this topic, it would be nice if the user could set an arbitrary size (up to an HD maximum).

Yes, this is what we where thinking. :)

Answer
Planned

So we been working on a new design for the app that will enable us to easily add more options for the canvas.

The reason we haven't added this feature yet is mainly due to limitations on mobile devices CPU/MEM. Making a canvas have more pixels means more CPU required to process each of those pixels thus making the app work slower. So as we improve the app and devices get faster we will add a larger canvas size support. Also, the app design has prevented us from adding this feature.