+7
Started

Paint bucket bug

User 413 5 months ago in Android • updated by chlorosomnia 3 months ago 5

Its been around for a while and hasnt been addressed yet, so ill just say it here in hopes of it getting noticed:

Whenever two similar colors are put right next to each other, and ypu try to use the bucket tool on one side, the both colors become the color that you paint bucket'ed (?). Its pretty annoying, can you please fix this? Sorry if my description of it is terrible.

Answer

PINNED

Ok, so the color picker uses a mathematical logic to do a better job at filling an area. We select colors that are within a certain range. IF colors are fairly close in color they will likely be considered to be filled. Soon we will provide options to allow the user to tweak these settings in the new update. 

Started

Hey User 413, would you mind being slightly more specific about the problem you are having so we can better understand how to fix this?

So, say you put down a light red on the canvas. You then pick a darker version right next to it so that they are touching. If you try to paint bucket one specific color, both colors change. Like this:

PINNED

Ok, so the color picker uses a mathematical logic to do a better job at filling an area. We select colors that are within a certain range. IF colors are fairly close in color they will likely be considered to be filled. Soon we will provide options to allow the user to tweak these settings in the new update. 

That happens to me too! It kind of sucks because the colors are not that similar but they still fill up :( I hope this gets tweaked soon!